Jamie Eason's Live Fit Program: Getting Started

For the past six months, I've been going to Pure Barre classes. I love Pure Barre because it's low impact, but you definitely feel the burn, right away. Also, as a former dancer, it gives me my fill of ballet-like moves, even though there is zero dancing involved. I think it's all the turnout exercises.

However, my membership term came to an end, and while I love Pure Barre, it's not cheap. It's totally worth it, but I wanted to try something different. I'll most like go back to Pure Barre in January. I already miss it. Even though sometimes, it feels like a struggle to simply get there. As soon as I'm in class and we've made it through the first warmup I know that's it's just downhill. In a good way.

Well, a few weeks ago I was perusing the web and came upon the Made with Love blog. I had heard and read about Jamie Eason's Live Fit Program a while ago and thanks to the good ol' World Wide Web, I was looking for some reviews. Enter Alesha's blog. She did a week-by-week update of her progress and food prep. It's awesome. It's what sold me on the idea of doing Jamie Eason's program. (It's a free program by the way!)

With our struggles to get pregnant (while everyone and their sister gets preggo!) I knew that some additional weight loss couldn't hurt. PCOS sucks and the whole "trouble losing weight" is a bugger. It's just the "symptom" every girl wants, right? And while I love me some Pure Barre, I just needed a change of pace. Plus, who doesn't want Michelle Obama arms? A girl can dream, right?

So on Saturday I hit up the gym to make sure my membership still worked and then on Monday, yes, Labor Day, I started the Jamie Eason Live Fit Program.

Gym selfies are the most awkward, but I needed a "before" photo. And the gym wasn't too crowded in that corner!

It's funny how much you don't realize you'd made progress until you see an old photo. As of this blog post, I've lost 26 lbs from my highest weight, and finally made it back to my pre-wedding weight. The married 20 is for real. The struggle is real. In fact, in the first year of marriage, I gained almost thirty pounds. Talk about no self control, portion control, or limits! Goodness.

My goals in doing this program are to lose 10-15lbs and gain muscle. I'd love to see more tone and definition throughout. Overall, I just want to feel better and healthier. And maybe, just maybe it'll help with my PCOS symptoms.


The Live Fit Program is 12 weeks long with the first month being weight lifting alone. As someone who prefers not to run (actually, I loathe it), this no-cardio thing is totally welcome! I'm pretty excited to spend this first month just lifting weights. In fact, weightlifting was my favorite unit in high school PE. (I hated tumbling! BTW, why is "tumbling" even a unit?!)

My husband's brother has been bulking and building his physique over the last year thanks to his wife who is an aspiring bodybuilder (and about to have their first baby). I consulted her back in January (before I started up Pure Barre) when I first embarked on returning to the gym. While I have no aspirations of becoming a bodybuilder or anything like that, I know that they are awesome resources.

I think that my biggest challenge is not going to be the workouts. It's going to be the food. I know that preparation will be the key to success in all of this. And some self control wouldn't hurt either.

I'm excited about this journey. I plan to blog my progress and use this blog to help keep me accountable. While 12 weeks sounds like a long time, I know that it will pass quickly. I want to give my all to this program and make the most of it.

I'll report back with my thoughts on Week 1 of Jamie Eason's Live Fit Program!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!