Week 2 Wrap-Up: Jamie Eason's Live Fit Program

It's really kind of weird to be saying that I've enjoyed working out. But, I've enjoyed working out on this program so far. It's probably because there's no cardio involved.

I know some people are crazy about cardio.

I am not one of those people.

That's why I'm super happy to get in and out of the gym and completely bypassing the cardio machines.

Most of the workouts require free weights and there have been times where I feel like I have to fight people for equipment, but for the most part, I'm able to grab the machines or weights without a problem.

Things I've learned/observed since starting back at the gym:


  1. The receptionist at this 24-Hour Fitness rocks a crooked weave. It's one of those things where you wonder if they know just how bad/fake it looks. AND IF IT'S ON PURPOSE.
  2. There are a lot of big dudes that workout here. Like with big muscles. And they're always here when I get here. Which makes me wonder do they work or what?
  3. I get really annoyed when people monopolize the equipment. All I need is about 10-15 minutes (probably less) with the squat rack. This woman took her sweet time and must have done like 8 sets. Like I get it, but there are other people here! Stop being selfish.
  4. People are sweaty. And it's really gross when said sweaty people don't wipe down equipment after using it. I don't want your sweat mixed with mine. That's gross. I'm sweaty too.
  5. WHO ARE THESE WOMEN WHO ARE WEARING FULL ON MAKEUP AT THE GYM?
  6. And same said women who are clearly wearing their outfits in an attempt to catch anyone's eye. I know this has to do with self confidence.
  7. I'm a terrible gym selfie taker.
I can say that even though it's only been two weeks, I definitely feel a little bit stronger. I've been able to up the amount of weight I've been lifting, although I'm trying not to rush it.

As far as the food front goes, it's going okay. It could definitely be better.

I've been good about bringing my lunch to work, which helps me not to stray out to a fast food joint. I'm not going to lie, French Fries and Shakes sound delicious!

I have to say that Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars have been my saving grace. They satisfy my sweet tooth and I love that it's not cheating!

I do wish that I liked cooking more. It's not that I hate it, it's more that I feel like I hit a wall when it comes to figuring out what to make. If I could have my meal plan decided, purchased, and prepped for me, I'd have no problem with cooking every night. Sadly, that would mean hiring a personal chef. Not something in my budget.

Overall, I'm really happy that I'm doing this program, taking it day by day. I'm looking forward to see what kind of progress I can make happen.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!