Week 1 Wrap-Up | Jamie Eason's Live Fit Program

Last week I completed Week 1 of Jamie Eason's Live Fit Program.

This week I start Week 2 of the Live Fit Program via BodyBuilding.com.

And so far, it's been great!

Gym Selfie Week #1

Now, I'm not normally the type to get excited about working out, but returning to the gym and lifting weights has been really therapeutic in many ways. 

I like that there is no cardio this first month so that I focus on just lifting heavy things. 

I also like that I can take an hour out of my day, pop in my earbuds and just concentrate 100% on myself. We all need this, you know? 

I'm also excited at the results. In one week, I lost 3 lbs! I saw a number that I haven't seen in YEARS. I've been stuck at the same weight (which is the weight I was when I got married five years ago and before I gained 30+ lbs), for a couple of months, so I'm excited that this made it budge.

The eating more often thing has definitely been an adjustment. I've become so accustomed to do periods of eating and fasting (sometimes to the point of totally putting lunch off for hours) that getting to eat more often has had its own learning curve.

And to be totally honest, I haven't stuck 100% to the recommended eating plan, but I would say that it's been a good 80% and making good/best available choices for the other 20%. This has helped keep me sane.

Our dinners for the past few months have consisted of protein + vegetable, so there's no big changes there. It's just sometimes, things get monotonous and you need something to spice it up. I tried Jamie's recipe for a 3 Bean Turkey Chili and it was tasty. I think it's a great choice for having leftovers and a filling lunch option. 

I'm totally digging the Chocolate Protein Bars that Jamie has a recipe for. While they are not brownies in any sense, when you have that chocolate craving, they definitely do the trick. 

This next week includes 4 days at the gym with the weekend to recover. I'm ready for it!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!