Week 3 Wrap-Up: Jamie Eason Live Fit Program

Another week has gone by and I am entering week 4! It's gone by so quickly and I think that I have developed a new habit: working out!

I still need to be better about my nutrition, not that I have been eating exceedingly bad, but I have not been super strict about my diet either. Which I'm okay with because I feel more sane that way. Friday nights are usually my cheat day and I'm good with it.

I know that anything that is worth the effort doesn't come easy. But I have to say, I wish I liked vegetables. I really do hate them. And maybe it's the way I prepare them, but broccoli makes me want to gag. Green beans are totally unappetizing. And of course the only way I really will eat them is if they are slathered in a sauce or something. Totally defeating the point.

Luckily, I have one saving grace in this battle with vegetables: the green smoothie. I am onboard with green smoothies. I can eat a whole pile of spinach and never even have to taste it. (I must say, I do like spinach salads). And mixed with frozen berries, it's the perfect frozen treat.

My Green Smoothie Formula:

1 cup water
1-2 cups fresh spinach
1 banana
1 cup frozen fruit


Blend the water and spinach first. Then add the banana. Then the frozen fruit. Voila, perfect smoothie.

I'm wondering if I can toss broccoli in there and get the same effect. I know some people use kale, and I have yet to try that out. But I imagine that as long as there is fruit, the taste of the veggies should disappear.

My husband thinks I'm ridiculous for my distaste for vegetables. But what can I say, growing up, our vegetables included salad (with Ranch dressing) and corn. Carrots in pot roast or curry. And yeah. Seldom would you see broccoli on our dinner table. It's okay, I still make him broccoli and attempt to eat a few pieces before it makes me want to hurl.

So there's that. About the workouts...

In Week 3, Jamie encourages you to increase your weights from the 60% max weight from Weeks 1-2, to 85% of max weight. Sometimes it's a little hard to figure out the accurate weight to lift, but the reps have been decreased from 12 to 10.



I definitely feel like I am getting stronger. I've increased the weights I'm lifting by at least a plate on the machines and I'm doing bicep curls with 15lb dumbbells! One day it'll be 30lb dumbbells.

I'm still enjoying the no cardio. In Phase 2, cardio starts up and I think I'll be choosing the elliptical. I'm also hoping that by incorporating cardio with weight lifting, I'll start to see even more changes.

I'm learning that the scale is not a friend. It's like that annoying kid in class who wants to trick you and point and laugh. And I know that I shouldn't weigh myself everyday because of fluctuations based on the time of the month and whatnot, but man, I want that digital display to move!

Oh well.

Onto Week 4!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!