Week 5 Wrap-Up: Jamie Eason Live Fit Program

Made it through Week 5!

I think the best benefit that I have gained from starting this program has been the new habit of going to the gym. And not just going to the gym, but going to the gym with purpose. Knowing which machines to use and how many reps to do.

Week 5 starts Phase 2 of the Jamie Eason Live Fit Program. In Phase 2, cardio is put back into the workout. Also, workouts are increased to 6 days a week. Now, I will be honest, going to the gym 6 days a week is not the easiest endeavor. In fact, with my schedule, I still only find myself going 5 days a week, but that's still exponentially more times than I have gone in the last two years. 

I think that through this program I have used my gym membership more in the last five weeks than in the last three years. (I have a sweet deal at 24hour Fitness with a yearly membership fee of only $99. I hope they never revoke that! It was set up maybe 15 years ago [crazy!] through my dad's then-workplace with a sweet corporate discount. 

Anyway, as much as I love doing weight workouts, I'm not a huge fan of cardio. Luckily, it's only for 30 minutes and with the miracle of technology, I can pass the time watching Netflix. On current rotation: Gilmore Girls and Call the Midwife. 

Also in Phase 2 is lifting heavier weight since the rep count is lower. This means more like 85% total max reps. One of the really cool things is to see myself gain strength. I have yet to see a lot of muscle definition thanks to good ol' layers of chub, BUT I feel stronger. I did bicep curls with 20lb dumbbells! What?!

Food has and always will be a challenge. I've been really good about bringing my food to work and eating it there. However, my lunches are boring and kind of not exactly on the food plan. I'm eating bread. WHHHHATTT?! I'd like to point out that it's "Flax and Fiber" bread so I'll rationalize that at least it's not white bread, right? I've noticed that eating every few hours has definitely been beneficial to both my blood sugar level and mental state. 

Before I started this program, I would go hours without eating and then be ravenous and hangry until I got some food in me. I would get the shakes because my blood sugar was low. Not the smartest, I know, but finally, finally, finally, I'm seeing the light. 

I do have a cheat day(s) on the weekends, so I do account for slower progress due to that fact, but I'm okay with it. I feel myself getting stronger and will continue doing my best to eat healthy. It's been 5 weeks of no fast food, too! That's a miracle in and of itself!

Onto week 6!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!