Week 6 Wrap-Up: Jamie Eason Live Fit Program

Halfway done with the program! And I'm feeling great! And I feel like I'm Internet yelling! (which I wouldn't do in real life....it's easy to be excited online.)

Week 6 was interesting. My schedule was jam packed with things to do besides the gym, but I still made time to workout Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Saturday. I decided to make the effort to go into work early so that I could leave early and hit up the gym. Or, like on Tuesday, where I felt like Superwoman because I dealt with some fraudulent charges on my debit card (thanks random person in South Carolina), walked my dog twice, went to get gas instead of running on fumes, had a photoshoot at the State Fair, and finished the day off at the gym. Under "normal" circumstances, I would have skipped the gym, but something in me was like, "you have time, you should go". So I did. Must be some extra energy from the regularity of working out. Let's go with it.

Week 6 workouts are identical to Week 5, with the incorporation of cardio on four days a week. I'm super excited that Gilmore Girls is now on Netflix because I have the perfect way to pass the time on the elliptical. I'm hoping that by adding cardio back into the workout, it'll start to burn a little more fat. 

The crazy thing about working out is that you want to see changes. Okay, I want to see changes. But because you see yourself everyday, it's a lot harder to see your own changes. That's why I'm making an effort to take photos weekly so hopefully, when I look back, I'll see how far I've come. I've found that relying on the number on the scale is a lost cause. 

Can I just say that I want the scale to budge?! Just a few pounds. While I'm glad that it hasn't gone up and since my heaviest-ever weight, I've lost 30lbs or so....it would be nice to see it go down a few more pounds. Especially with all my effort! 

Food and nutrition is more of the same. I must say, however, that I'm a fan of my protein shakes that I drink as soon as I get home from the gym. Jamie talks about supplementation and I think that the protein shakes are a huge part of that! 

I've been using Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb Dutch Chocolate Protein Powder. I also use it for the protein bars I've made. I love it because it tastes good when mixed with water (which seems rare in the protein shake world) and it packs 50g of protein per serving. I haven't found any other protein powder with that much protein. Most have 20-25g per serving. This one has double that! I've purchased it from Puritan's Pride and Amazon.



I've also been using Advocare's Catalyst, which is their BCAA (branch chain amino acids) product before I go workout. I can't say I notice a difference between taking them and not because since I've started this program, I've taken them every workout. I'd try it without them, but why do that?!



I can't believe that Week 7 is already here. At the outset, 12 weeks seems like a long time. But with how fast the days go by, it's really not that long!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!