Day 28: Still Waiting

Yesterday marked Day 28 of this cycle.

It's crazy how aware you become of what day it is when you're keeping track of your cycles.

To most people that probably means nothing.

To a woman who is trying to conceive (TTC) or struggling with infertility it means a whole lot more.

So technically speaking the two week wait is over. I could theoretically take a pregnancy test if I wanted to.

AF did not arrive yesterday, so that's definitely a good sign.

Yet, I don't want to put all my hopeful eggs in one basket, if that metaphor makes sense.

Logically, I know I should at least wait until when my period is due and wait for that to be officially "late". And then I should probably wait another seven days after that.

Such a waiting game.

And I don't want to freak out or stress out about this because I know that's not good either. Maybe I'll go meditate. My favorite part of meditation? Falling asleep in corpse pose...that's what it's called, right yoga aficionados?

Well, we bought a set of pregnancy tests this weekend, but I'm definitely waiting to test because in the words of my pragmatic brain, I don't want to "waste" them. But it's true.

I know that I could purchase cheapie tests on Amazon, but again, I don't want to be wasteful...and let's face it, I also don't want to know the answer yet.

I do.

But I don't.

And I know that it won't be the end of the world if we are not pregnant this cycle. Just another month ahead of waiting and seeking.

On the other hand, I might go out of my mind if it is positive.

I'm trying not to wrap up my emotions in the outcome of the test. Clearly, I'm not doing that great of a job.

I will be fine either way (one more fine than the other, obviously). I trust the plan that is being carved out for us. I trust the big guy upstairs. Although, I'll admit, it's a constant reminder to myself that it's his timing, not my own. His plans, not my own. It's not easy.

I'm also really excited. Cautiously so, of course. And on the same note, I'm also really nervous.

So maybe I should get back to that idea of meditation to clear my fears and worries and focus on the positive.

And of course, the other logical thing is that I could just find out now...theoretically. I could test and just see what happens. But I decided that I would at least wait until AF is projected to arrive, which is Friday, July 3.

Considering that my cycles for the majority of 2014 and early 2015 have been about 31-33 days, I think it makes sense to wait at least until then to see what happens.

This journey is so crazy. I'm sure it's worth it, but gosh, the emotional roller coaster is not for the faint of heart.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!