Positive

The craziest thing happened today.

We got a positive pregnancy test.

I've never had a positive pregnancy test before. I also didn't believe it when I saw the plus sign on the Clear Blue Easy test.

In fact, while I was waiting the three minutes for the test to work, and two minutes and forty seconds had passed by and there was still nothing showing up...I almost gave up. When my timer went off, however, I looked at the test and there it was.

A strong plus sign.

WHAT?

I was in shock. I didn't believe it. We've never had a positive test before. Granted, I've only ever tested twice before this...but the first is definitely amazing.

Being myself, I googled the possibilities of false positives. I read that false negatives are more common than false positives.

I took the test and brought it out to the living room where my husband was working out. I said, "So I decided to take this test and..." and I showed him the stick. He didn't believe it either. He said, "Wait...what? It's positive?"

He stopped what he was doing and gave me a big hug as we both cried happy tears.

We were lucky that it also happened to be one of the days that he worked from home. Just as I was trying to figure out what to do next after having a positive pregnancy test, I made a call to my OBGYN to schedule an appointment. About thirty minutes later, our RE's office calls because they want to run some more tests since the records they pulled from my OBGYN were out of date.

That's when I told them that I just took a pregnancy test and it was positive.

A spontaneous pregnancy.

I still can't believe it.

The RE's office told me that if I could come in before noon for a blood draw (including the tests they wanted to run) they could give me results after lunchtime. So we quickly made that appointment and got there by 10:30.

We got to the doctor's office and after a few minutes they called my name to take me back to have my blood drawn. Throughout the day I was nervous, simply because I've never had a positive pregnancy test before. They told me that following my results they might ask me to come in for a follow up beta hCG test to make sure my levels were doubling properly.

Waiting until after lunchtime felt like slow painful torture. I just wanted to know the results!

At 3:45, with their office closing at 4:30, I stopped being patient and called the office. I finally got a hold of our nurse and she told me that I was definitely and "very" pregnant with a beta hCG of 9,000 and that I did not need to come in for a follow up. They were, however, going to prescribe me the drug Prometrium to maintain and increase my progesterone levels, since it was at 18.

Oh my goodness, I couldn't even believe it. Confirmed by a blood test. We are pregnant! (I am, haha).

We told our parents and siblings over Skype and FaceTime since we couldn't just keep the news to ourselves.

We'll go back to our RE's office for our first ultrasound next week. How am I even going to keep it together to wait these next seven days?!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!