24 Day Challenge: Day 4

The first three days of the 24 Day Challenge are pretty rough. Mostly because the first ten days are a cleanse. But not the starve yourself crazy cleanse. You get to eat while cleansing. WHAT?! That's awesome. Because I love to eat.

I also have a crazy sweet tooth. Like, I love Halloween candy. And brownies. And cookies. And cake. And almost anything with sugar in it. Except for maybe Candy Corn. I hate Candy Corn.

I thought that I would be a raging lunatic come the first couple of days because I had to cut out sugar (at least all that processed junk) and coffee. I'm also a huge Starbucks nut. Last week, before starting the cleanse, I took advantage of the buy one - get one holiday drink offer. Yeah. I drank both.

So here we are. Day 4. I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm thrilled I don't have to drink the Fiber Drink for four days.

Real talk. The Fiber Drink is like trying to drink liquid sand. Or imagine that you pulverized tree bark and mixed it with water. It's kind like that. And it kind of smells like pencil shavings. Needless to say, it's not a pleasant experience. I chugged it down and tried not to gag.

But I gagged. All three days. It's bad.

The good thing is that I have four days off of the Fiber Drink. Hallelujah!

I'm also really glad that my sister-in-law told me to chug it and to chase it with Spark. Spark, on the other hand, is sweet and delicious. It definitely helps to replace any sugar/sweet cravings. And it's an energy drink that helps with mental focus and sharpness, which is never a bad thing.

The thing that has helped me the most is the the little guide that comes with the 24-Day Challenge. It outlines what you should be taking and when. And I love the fact that I can eat fruit. For someone with a sweet tooth, it helps a lot with replacing the junk I would normally go for.

Also, another important thing is drinking enough water. I've been drinking 110oz water a day. Needless to say, I run to the bathroom a lot. But if it's flushing the toxins and bad gunk out of my system, I'm all for it. I've had more salads and veggies in the last couple of days than ever, but I guess that's a good thing.

She also told me to eat enough calories per day. She said that lots of people don't see results because they are not eating enough calories. While it seems a little counterintuitive, considering that she's done this before and lost weight (and built muscle), I trust what she says. So the funny thing is that when all you're eating is whole foods - proteins, fruits, veggies, and complex carbs - it takes A LOT of food to meet the calorie quota, even the lower side of the range!

Maybe I'm a little crazy for doing the 24-Day Challenge while it runs through Thanksgiving, but since we're not traveling to either side of the family and basically have to fend for ourselves, I think there will be a whole lot more self control. Plus, I'll be done with the cleanse by then!

Let's see how the rest of this cleanse phase goes....

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!